Friday, January 7, 2011

Ode to our House

So, this long process is finally paying off! Actually, we got pretty lucky to find our house on the 3rd or 4th day of house searching. So, we started looking in August, and we just did the final paperwork! We will get the keys next week! We're so excited to have our own place, especially one that is bigger than 15x15 sq. ft. (Our studio apartment at school was that size, and the kitchen and bedroom were all one room.)
Here's the front door and window, with Jared smiling for the picture. :P I really like the design of the windows! Oh, and I'm super exited about the nice blinds that are on the windows!

Most of the light fixtures I really like, and here's one of them. I think there are 2 or 3 like it.


Here's our cute little kitchen my cute Jared, an inspector guy, and a super low light. :P You can see that the light right above the inspector would hit Jared at the shoulder. I can almost walk under it without being touched though. :P

Here's our entertainment room/center. We still haven't quite decided what changes we will make to it, so for a little while it will stay.

Our lovely stairs. Our daughters are going to love gliding down these as their prom date waits at the bottom. I always dreamed of coming down stairs in a prom dress, like in the movies, and having your date wait at the bottom, watching you walk down. :P

Here's our beautiful gazebo. I absolutely love this! The sides of the back yard are really pretty too, and we have 2 orange trees!! We thought they were lemon trees when we first saw the house, the they turned orange!













So, here is the gist our new house, before we add decorations and other stuff. I'm so excited to decorate for Christmas, too bad I have to wait a year for that. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment