Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My 8-month-old!

Please mommy! Pick me up!! haha Evlyn has started doing this recently and it is the cutest thing! She'll crawl right up to you and either pull on your pants/skirt, or pull herself to standing and continue to pull on you. It's too hard to resist!
 Side note, here's a beautiful Amaryllis that is finally blooming! Our friend gave it to us, and it's so pretty! It now has 4 flowers on it blooming.
 Back to my little girl. She's 8 months old today!! It's so crazy how fast she's growing! And, I mean growing! She's huge! She crawls everywhere fast, tries to get into everything and get everything in her mouth, and tries to walk. She pulls herself up all the time, and then lets go and stands for just a second before falling. She's very determined though, and I wouldn't be surprised if she's walking within a month! Here's a pic. of her crawling. Later, I'll show you pictures of her standing.
 She took a bath in the big bath! And, she loved it! haha Isn't she a cutie?!
 mmm! Duck!
 Swinging! She loves the little baby swing at the park! Here are some cute pictures I got.


 She also loves to take books out of the bookshelf and eat them. haha Someday she'll learn that they're for reading, no eating.
 Here are those standing pictures I promised!
 Sorry, for the next two you'll have to turn your head. I can't figure out how to rotate them.
 
 

We had a crazy adventure 2 days ago, on Monday! I went walking in the morning with my friend, Morgan. This cute little dog followed us EVERYWHERE, and would not leave us alone. So, I called Jared and asked if I could bring her home and try to find her owners. She didn't have a collar and was a little skinny. He said yes. Morgan has a dog, and she gave this little one a bath for me, b/c she has the stuff for it. She also let me borrow a leash and some dog food. Well, this little dog stole my heart! She was so sweet, and loved to be around us. She and Evlyn got along great too! I took pictures, and Jared printed off signs for me. I posted ads on FB and CL. Here are some pics.


 Sadly, the next morning, Tuesday, she was gone! She slept in the backyard, but I couldn't find her anywhere. She must've jumped the fence, although I don't know how b/c she's so small! But, there didn't seem to be any other way she could've gotten out. I was a little relieved b/c now I don't have to keep looking for her owners, but also sad. I wish I knew what happened to her! I drove around, called and whistled for her, but didn't find her. :(

Evlyn has developed a lot of independence! She wants to do everything herself, including feeding. Which, as you can guess, makes a HUGE mess! Last night, she grabbed her spoon from me and got her food all over herself and me. (And the floor and chair) Here are 2 pictures Jared took. I don't know why this one made Evlyn glowing, but that's okay.


 Luckily, Jared helped me clean her up! And, lastly, here are 2 more pictures of Evlyn. I just thought they were cute!

1 comment:

  1. aww she is a cutie Kayla!!! one day you're gonna look back on all these photos and you won't believe how fast she's grown! I feel like life seems to spin around faster and faster the older we get..And to answer your question, I won the Spanish Steps dress, it's not one of the pictured ones I showed but I'll have pictures of me wearing it soon! :)

    The House of Shoes

    ReplyDelete